Mel's Oaxaca Service-Learning Blog

I am totally looking forward to this trip. I have never been on a plane and this will be my first time out of the state. Geez! Talk about being sheltered!

Wednesday, June 21, 2006

We vistited the San Fernando Cathedral and the Spanish Governor's Palace.







Pictures were taken at the San Fernando Cathedral.



Picture of the dining area at the Spanish Governor's Palace



Kitchen area




Trees that were used to hang people back in the early days of New Spain. Apparently on one of the trees, you can see faces of people that were hung. It is an old ghost story.



Outside of the Spanish Governor's Palace.

This was not my first visit to the San Fernando Cathedral. However it had been years since my last visit. It was my first time to the Spanish Governor's Palace. I am embaressed to say I didn't even know it was downtown. I am definitely going to visit the Palace again. There was so much to see in so little time. I learned that the dining room area is where the negotiating was done at. I am looking forward to going in the near future so I can take my time while exploring each room.

1 Comments:

At 7:07 AM, Blogger Melissa Rodriguez said...

great photos! since my head was killing me that day iam feeding off yalls ..

 

Post a Comment

<< Home