Mel's Oaxaca Service-Learning Blog

I am totally looking forward to this trip. I have never been on a plane and this will be my first time out of the state. Geez! Talk about being sheltered!

Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Monday, Day 5...
It was another day with in the big white van. I the morning we met in class as usual. Denis handed back some of our graded papers. I did good on all my assignments. Then Denise and Karen gave us the run down for the day and we were off! Luckily we all managed to squeeze in again. Denise has been complaining to the "van people" because we were suppose to have a bigger van for us to fit comfortably. That was the deal but now the story has changed. Oh well, by the time they get us the van we need we won't even need it anymore. Oh well, what can we do! So we're finally in the van...
We crusied over to Incarnate Word to get our International Student ID cards. And I might add Denise is a good driver, she even parked in the shade for us so we won't be so hot. Ahhh! How sweet!
Incarnate Word's International Studies building had a lot of articles and photos from various students that studied abroad. Some pictures and articles were from Japan, Paris and I think I even saw Scotland. The cost for the International Student ID was $22, I wonder if touch ups are included.
After we took off from ICWU we headed to Palo Alto. I miss my school! I am still not familiar with SAC. All the escalators just to get to my destination. It will all be over soon. Anyhow, I had to get another mug shot taken for my student ID. I don't like how I came out. Blame it on the camera. Others went over to financial aid to take pick up checks. That didn't take very long so we still had time to type up our homework assignments in the lab. They charge for printing at SAC. Boo! So we printed at PAC at no cost. Thanks!!!! Well by the time we knew it time had flew by and it was time for us to get back to SAC. When we arrived Karen gave us the game plan for tomorrow's field trip to the San Antonio Museum of Art. She also handed out our checklist so we don't forget to pack anything. She had to apologize to the guys in the class because some femine things we on the list. Ha ha Hey you never know, what if one of them meets a girl over there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home